Rising star Kay.Tunes does an Exclusive Interview. with 8tyeight

Kaytunes Kay.Tunes savantsoundz



How are you? How is everything going?

I'm great!! I am so excited about my project..I've been working so hard, and just to see my dreams starting to unfold..I have to pinch myself..lol.. everything is going so well.

Tell us about your song "It Ain't Love.


First and foremost, I'd like to say a big thank-you to everyone who has supported the record and my producer Rio Bridges for producing a great track.

The response has been amazing.
" It Aint Love" came from the emotion of being in a love-less relationship, and finally realizing that I deserved more than I was receiving. I think most people have been there @ least once in their lives..and that's what makes it so easy for people to relate to.

What else are you working on right now


Well I am constantly in the studio, still recording. We have about 18 songs done, and we are working on two as we speak. I also wanna give a shout-out to my producers, along with Rio of Savant Soundz,there's also Lee Major Kid, Theo Masbeatz Edmonds, Gerard Thomas, Sound-H Productions and also Troy Davis of TeamMusic Group.

So your last name is really Tunes?


Yes!! Lol Well actually its Tune. (Without the s) so that's how I knew music was my Destiny. :)

How was it performing at The Apollo at such a young age? We all saw the video of Lauryn Hill.

First off, I was soo excited @ the time because I couldn't wait to be able to see myself on TV..little did I know it was a Weds night taping...and back then those particular ones were not televised. So I sang my little heart out,I sung Run to You by Whitney Houston and I was soo nervous. In the end, I didn't win, but the crowd didnt boo me. So I felt relieved..lol

You have some big names attached to your next project? How did everybody come together?

The stars aligned..lol. No really, it all just came together, I started working with Rio of Savant Sounds,who has produced for Ashanti, Wale, Gucci Mane, and Raphael Saadiq..and once the other producers who are friends of his,heard what we were doing they all wanted to contribute and be apart of the project. I consider myself so blessed to have producers of this calliber working on my project, as you may know Lee, he has worked with Jay-z, Jeezy, Rick Ross, Trey Songz, and Mary J to name a few..then Gerard who has worked with, Missy, and Destiny's Child..sooo I'm really in great hands.

What are your goals for 2010.


My goals for 2010 are to continue to make music with substance, that people all over the world can relate to and also continue to work on my craft, as a artist and songwriter..

Anything else the world should know about Kay.Tunes?

Of course!! The Kay. Tunes official website is www.iamkaytunes.com, also you can hit me up on twitter.com/iamkaytunes,myspace.com/iamkaytunes, reverbnation.com/kaytunes and facebook.com/iamkaytunes. I appreciate you guys support!

Via 8tyeight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors