Usher to Release New Album, 'Versus,' in August

Usher - OMG Pictures, Images and Photos

Usher Pictures, Images and Photos



Following the success of his latest No, 1 album, 'Raymond V. Raymond,' R&B superstar Usher is set to release another project on Aug. 24.

The conceptual sequel, aptly titled 'Versus,' finds the 'Confessions' crooner giving fans eight new tracks, including 'DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love' featuring Pitbull and Hot Tottie.
In addition to the new release, fans will also get a chance to purchase 'Raymond V. Raymond' and 'Versus' together as a deluxe set. Earlier this year, the singer admitted that his sixth album has proven to be his most heartfelt.

"This album means so much to my career," he told 'MTV News' during an interview. "I think this is the one time where I'm able to put it all in, emotionally and the good times -- superfreaky and then also super-\emotional. 'Raymond v. Raymond,' artistically, is one of my greatest pieces of work, not only just because of the content but also the people whom I got involved in it: T.I., Will.I.Am, Puff, Nicki Minaj."

Since its March 30 release, 'Raymond V. Raymond' has topped the charts with hits such as 'There Goes My Baby' and the international hit 'OMG,' which has sold more than 6 million tracks and ringtones to date.

The Will.I.Am-assisted song helped Usher land a number of concerts this month, including shows in Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Philippines and Beijing beginning July 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors