Lil Wayne Breaks His Silence From Prison, Reveals Jailhouse Routine

lil wayne Pictures, Images and Photos

Although Lil Wayne has been relatively quiet since his March 8 imprisonment, the Grammy Award-winning rapper finally broke his silence this week via a New York radio station interview.

Weezy phoned in to popular DJ Funkmaster Flex's live show on Tuesday evening to dish about life behind bars, as well as all the support he's been receiving from his fans.

"It's been more than amazing, brother," he told the listeners of Hot 97 from New York City's Rikers Island. "I promise, I can't explain the love and support that I've been getting from my fans. I never knew it was like that, the way it is. I've been doing this thing for 16 years now and I never knew it is what it is. I promise it's breathtaking."

Since beginning his eight-month prison stint, the 27-year-old 'Lollipop' rapper faced the music when he was caught concealing "unauthorized music contraband." Correction officials reportedly found a charger and a watch that doubled as an MP3 player in his jail cell.

As expected, the headline has forced the Cash Money Records MC (legally known as Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.) to shun all of his listening pleasures.

"I'll be very honest with you, Flex, I don't listen to no music," he revealed. "All I listen to all day, if I am listening to anything, it's sports. But that's because the simple fact. I never listen to any other music except for my own. And since I'm not able to do that up in here, I don't listen to anything. I don't listen to anything but my thoughts."

Outside of collecting his thoughts and catching up on today's latest sports news, Weezy revealed his daily jailhouse activities, which include waking up at noon, reading an abundance of fan mail, and talking to family and friends, including his children. Although the platinum-selling artist enjoys reaching out to loved ones, he's also very self-conscious in doing so while behind bars.

"Everybody get mad at me. They be like, 'Why don't you call or why haven't you called me?,'" he explained. "And I be like, 'because I don't want to bother.' I think when you're put in this position right here where I'm at, I feel like for some reason every time I pick up the phone to dial somebody's number, I feel like I'm bothering them because I'm in jail and I don't have nothing else to do but to talk to you."

"And sometimes that may not be what you want to do at the time," he continued. "I don't know if that's just a conscious thing, but I always feel like I'm bothering whenever I call."

Moving closer toward his Nov. 4 release date, Wayne is also thinking about moving "more carefully" and being more cautious once he resumes his career and personal life.

"I'll take more heed to my situation and my status," he said. "Everybody says that you're here for a reason, so I promise you, Flex, I try to find out that reason every day. And I think when I get out that'll be the only time I'll know the answer."

After numerous delays for emergency dental surgery and courthouse fires, Lil' Wayne turned himself in to authorities on March 8 to begin his prison term stemming from a July 2007 gun-possession charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors